Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Reviving my old blog

We're reviving our school year, and with it I decided to revive my old blog. A lot has changed since I started this blog - we've changed home school programs, I'm no longer Catholic as I've converted to Islam, and T is now 5.5 instead of not quite 4. She's learned a lot over the past year, and I've had to tweak my educational choices to keep up with her.

Here's what we're using now for 1st grade:


MCP math A
Climbing to Good English 1
Pathway readers grade 1 & 2 with workbooks
Behold & See 1 from CHC
Inquisikids science dvds
Zaner Bloser Handwriting A Way to Self Expression 1
R&S spelling 2
R&S Manners & Health 2
R&S Our Father's World 2

We'll also be working our way through history - I am spreading world history over 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades. I haven't found a textbook for this yet that I like, so we're going to use lapbooks and books from the library for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment