Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Still working in the school room.....part two....

We're STILL working in the school room - I really had hoped to be all done by now. But between culling books, sorting out duplicates, potty training Sweetheart, my Father getting released from a rehab facility, and dealing with people in and out for him, it's still not finished.

I did run into a slight snag on my wonderful oversize bookcases - I need to put up wall anchors as when they are loaded they lean out. I've no idea how to do that honestly - we've never had to do it before. And I need to go to Lowes and get shelves cut for the two bookcases that I didn't get the shelves with.

I am making progress though, and it's beginning to look more like a school room instead of playroom.

I've also been taking time to work on our lesson plans for this fall. We're using CHC pretty much as written for K, with the addition of our read aloud theme for the year and field trips. But I'm setting everything up in file folders for each day/week with everything in them, so all I have to do is pull the correct file folder and it will have an outline of the week with each days work, including coloring pages, craft activities, etc included in the folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment