Friday, February 3, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up 2/3/1012

Today finishes our first week back to school, even if it only was a half-week. We decided last night to postpone the yard sale until next weekend - with the rain and I wasn't feeling well I thought it best to not push it. So we're schooling instead today.


So far this week DD finished:

Math - 7 pages of MCP Math A. We are doing number review for the most part, with an emphasis on writing numbers correctly.

Reading - the 1st three stories from Days Go By Pathway Reader, with accompanying 6 workbook pages.

Grammar / English - 6 pages from Climbing to Good English 1. These focused on short vowel sounds in words.

Science - 4 pages from Behold and See 1, including a project classifying seeds as monocots or dicots.  We gathered materials today for our project on Monday, planting seeds, carrots from tops, and sweet potatoes from tops.

Handwriting - 3 pages from Handwriting a Way to Self Expression 1.

Spelling - still trying to place her - she has spelled correctly all but about 5 words of the R&S Speller 2 up to week 14 so far. I plan on testing her on the rest tonight. I suspect she will move to the 3rd grade book soon.

Manners & Health - Finished lesson 1 of R&S Manners / Health 2. This weeks lesson was on using kind words like please, thank you, excuse me, you are welcome, and I am sorry.

World Geography - Read 1.5 pages of lesson 1 R&S Our Fathers World 2. I'm not as happy with this text as I thought I'd be - DD finds it boring. I am going to give it another week, if she and I are still unhappy with it we will drop the subject for this year.

Girl Scouts - Worked on Sunny Petal {friendly and helpful}, will complete projects over the weekend to earn petal.

Not too bad for a 3 day school week.

I also ordered our butterflies from Insect Lore - so in a week or so we will start a new project raising butterflies in addition to our other science projects. I hope to get to ladybugs, worms, and tadpoles this year as well - T loves animals and enjoys seeing them up close.

3 comments:

  1. We did their butterfly kit and the ladybug one. Tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insect Lore is awesome! We loved doing those kits :)

    ReplyDelete