Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Interesting last few days

It's been an interesting last few days around here. Monday we ended up not doing school at all - T just didn't want to do school, it was a cold rainy day better made for snuggling under the covers than sitting at the school table. So She agreed to do double work on Tuesday if we could have Monday off. Tuesday I had to go grocery shopping {was supposed to have gone Monday but it was too wet to go}, so we didn't get started on school until around 5 in the evening. Normally I wouldn't have even bothered, but I know we're going to miss another one and maybe two days this week as I have to be out of the house, so we needed to get some done.

So last night we were doing good - did Monday's, Tuesday's, and an extra day's Math work, Monday's English, Reading and we were starting on Science. We had a science project to do - rooting vegetables from seeds and roots. We couldn't find the seeds we needed, so I opted for just doing the root portion last night and we'll do the seed portion today {if I can find the seeds}. So we set out - got the jars, water in a pitcher, and a sweet potato and a carrot. Carrot was easy - cut the bottom half off, stick in the toothpicks, put in jar and fill with water. The problem came with the sweet potato. First off it didn't fit in our jar - so I had to go find out online if we could cut it or not. Verdict came in to cut it - so I started trying. It wouldn't cut at all - I had to go find the big meat cleaver to get it to split, and then to half one of the halves. Okay, got that done, toothpicks put in, water filled halfway up in jar.

Then my hand started itching - I didn't really think much of it, went and washed with soap and it got better. Unfortunately then my lips started swelling - apparently I'm allergic to raw sweet potato. I knew I never liked them - but I've eaten sweet potato pie and not had a problem so I am thinking it is just the raw ones. So after a double dose of benedryl and school being finished up early {we skipped Girl scout projects and geography} I crashed and slept like a rock.

Hopefully today will be better....I don't want to see worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment